Saturday, September 25 Farewell to Disneyland
Today we just planned on a half day. Saturday is a lot busier at the park than the rest of the week. We wanted to hit a few favorites and Tom Sawyer Island (except they call it something different now). When we told people we had a 5 day pass they thought we were crazy, but there was definitely plenty to see and do. We were fortunate enough to get a good deal, 5 days for the price of 3, plus our military discount.
To be perfectly honest, the week is all a blur, so who knows how completely accurate my account is... but I think we started out with California Screamin' and King Triton's Carousel. Then to Mickey's Fun Wheel where the boys bought these Mickey light sabers.
I found Richy and Kari as they were getting ready to leave. They had most of their kids and they were going to get on Thunder Mountain. I was going to find Ethan and my kids... except I couldn't find them anywhere. I was really starting to get frustrated! We finally met up and went to Thunder Mountain. We walked up and saw that Richy and Kari weren't on the ride yet... and then we saw people walking out of the line... they closed the ride just as we walked up! The kicker is that because Richy and Kari waited for us, they missed out too! So we ended the day and the Disneyland experience with a downer! Everyone was so tired and thereby grumpy... it was kind of sad to leave the happiest place on earth like that.
As we were leaving, I asked my dad to take a picture of us by the Mickey pumpkin. I'm not sure why he didn't include Mickey in the photo... and Levi was totally done at this point. Not even considering getting out of the stroller.
Ironic that we didn't get a nice group shot until we were walking out of the park, tired and grumpy. But I think it was a nice group shot nonetheless!
4 comments:
sigh. How wonderful!
YAY! You got a Dole Whip! We crave those things like crazy! What a fun trip for you all!
I don't know why dad didn't get Mickey in the picture either. That is funny. It was a great! fantastic trip. I loved living it and now re-living it. Thank you.
Love you tons. Mom
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics and the commentary!!! This just looks like the adventure of a lifetime! I am so glad you were able to make this memory! LOVE YA!!! J
Post a Comment