Monday, April 25, 2011

10 Years of Marital Bliss


Can you believe we've been married for 10 years already?!?!? Its so strange... one of those times when it feels like just a short time on one hand, but on the other hand it feels like we've been together forever.

Let me get a little mushy and say that I feel so blessed to have married my best friend. He is perfect for me and we have so much fun together! He isn't even embarrassed when I act like nerd in public... well, too embarrassed.

For our anniversary, Ethan took a couple days off work and I arranged to have sitters during those days. Day one we went to lunch at a new Texas grill, I had the best burger I've had in a long time. So yummy! Then we tried out a new self serve frozen yogurt shop... probably shouldn't have done that. Now we're hooked! It was the only thing we new for sure we would do Day Two of our celebrations as well!

Late that afternoon we went rollerblading... I only biffed it once! It was a good one, one of those times you wish someone had been recording you so could see it. I was going down a hill and kind of psyched myself out, my feet flew out right in front of me and I landed hard on my tush!

Here's case in point of him not being too embarrassed by my nerdiness... my calf was scraped from the fall, I don't think you can see it, but it was. :)
An old pro. He had a blast showing off his mad skills to his woman.
Aw... so happy together.
That evening we took the kids to Taco Bell for dinner, an old joke since we ate there on our honeymoon, trying to save money. We had Family Home Evening and talked about the Temple and eternal families, watched our wedding video, and had poptarts for our treat (another food from our honeymoon). It was a great day!

Day Two, we started by going to the State Park and doing some kayaking. It was so much fun!!! The wind was blowing pretty hard, so we got a good workout on top of the fun. Go us!

As you can see I wasn't quite as good a photographer as Ethan...
Late that afternoon we went on got more frozen yogurt (of course) and then went to a couple different pawn shops and checked out the instruments and tools. That night we got pizza for dinner and played with the kids.

Our anniversary was a lot of fun. It was just nice to be together without any kids. We had such a blast hanging out as a couple! Although I'm still hoping for a little trip without kids this summer (once I'm done nursing Bolton).

Happy Anniversary Babe! Love you lots!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations to a beautiful little family! Hasn't ten years flown by? Sounds like you had a great couple of days together, what a brilliant idea to get sitters for two whole days of fun and then nights with the kids. I am going to have to try that sometime. We are still hoping for a little overnighter once I wean Sydney. Happy Anniversary!

kate said...

happy 10 years! i love that you did such fun, active things to celebrate. you look so happy together. :)

Grandma Hoss said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been 10 years already. Time flies! What a great anniversary. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. And I am impressed that you got into a kayak. Way to go girl. Plus you had fun doing it. Sooooo impressed. Hugs & Kisses for the happy couple. Love Mom

Cam said...

Looks like you went on some fun adventures together! Congrats on 10 years, that's an exciting milestone. I hope you get your trip in the summer too, a getaway sounds fun!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

It is SO NICE to see my kids ENJOYING themselves together and knowing how to create FUN!!! What a blast! I LOVE that you aren't afraid to do cool things! Happy Anniversary!

Love YOU!!! JTMIL

Grandma Hoss said...

Hi, again. I was just looking at the site again and decided to comment on how dirty the water is. Is it always that dirty? Love Mom

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! What fun ideas you always have. We are so lame and always end up just going out to dinner.