My mom asked me recently how long I've been blogging and I couldn't remember... so today I looked it up. Funny enough, it has been 6 year to the day! Ethan started the blog, but didn't really do much with it for a couple years, so I took over on April 10, 2007.
I really love doing this. I love keeping in touch with people, yes, I'm talking about you! I love the record it provides for our family. I love that when I have a day like today I can use it as therapy. Since I started blogging, we have added 3 gorgeous babies to the mix, moved 5 times and to 5 different states, baptized 2 kids, had 2 graduations, and visited at least 17 different states in one way or another!
One of my friends recently celebrated her blogiversary with a fun look back at some favorites each day for part of a week... I'm totally going to copy her! Imitation is the best form of flattery, right?
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I will share a "blast from the past post" then on Sunday I will have a random drawing from all the comments from these posts and the winner will receive a fun package in the mail from me! Fun, right?
Since I'm so behind on all my blogging lately, I am going to try to get all caught up today... but if you leave me a comment on this post it will be included in the drawing!
Quick question... have you had your blog printed into a book? I've been meaning to for, I don't know, about 3 years... if you have what have you used and do you recommend it?
7 comments:
Guess what day I started my blog (I just looked it up). April 9 2007. So funny. And you were my first comment--so thanks! Fun idea to celebrate your blogiversary!
I am so happy that today is your blogiversary. I must have been inspired. I can't wait to see the blast from the past that you choose. I have loved them all. I looked back at a bunch of the old post today as well. It is alway so fun to read and bring back fond memories.
Love you tons. Mom
Happy Blogiversery! I, for one, love that you are a good blogger. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to and I love that you leave comments on my blog too! I think printing your blog into a book is a great idea- I've known people that do it, but I'm not sure which site they used, sorry.
I have wondered about the blog books too. If you get any good info, pass it along. Happy anniversary! (blog and wedding!)
yay for a blogiversary! how funny that we started blogging so close to the same time. i am really glad kim. i feel like we're for sure better friends than we would have been without blogging. you have taught me much and given me many a good idea to copy in the time i've been following your blog. thank you! how fun that you went to nashville! i have heard it's pretty cool. i loved the parthenon pictures. i can't believe you've been married 12 years! were you 19 or 20? it has been an awful year for being sick at our house, too! weird. like the worst ever. let's be done with that lameness now. ok, i need to go read your blast from the past post. :)
I have no idea when I started my blog- I might have to look that up! Since I wanted mine to replace scrapbooks, I cheated and went back in time to when Macey was born and updated from then to now- so I wonder what my "official" date would be. Probably around the same time as you and Terra.
Blogging has definitely died down and it seems like only a handful of my friends are doing it anymore. I think it's a great way to keep in touch, but mostly, I love having the pictures and memories for myself.
Everytime Christmas starts to sneak up I think I'll print a year of my blog into a book- but I still haven't done it. If you come across a great company, please share!!
Happy bloggiversary.
I have used blurb.com I was satisfied and need to print some more!
Post a Comment